At Vision Loss Resources we provide the services, skills and community of support to assist in regaining independence after vision loss.Learn more about Affordable Flexible Service Plans!
Are you concerned about a parent or loved one who may be showing signs of vision loss?
• Discontinuing activities they once enjoyed, like reading the paper, knitting, or going out with friends
• Trouble reading small print, such as on a medication bottle
• Difficulty distinguishing colors – mismatched clothes or socks
• Increased sensitivity to light or glare
• Tentative walking: bumping into objects and people, missing steps or falling
Vision Loss Resources is here to help.
Call us to learn more about affordable services, including:
• Initial visit: comprehensive, professional evaluation to identify your needs, develop a service plan, and provide information on community resources. Recommendations on lighting and adaptive equipment
• Independent Living Skills: continued instruction on adaptive techniques for living independently
• Digital literacy for older adults: learning how to use that smartphone, and other helpful technology
Macular degeneration is the most commonly cited cause of vision loss among our clients. It reduces central vision, affecting a person’s ability to read, prepare meals, and perform other tasks that people may take for granted — greatly impacting an older adult’s daily life.Learn more about Affordable Flexible Service Plans!