Legacy Giving: What Are Your Options?
While we often think first of “in-the-moment” donations online, by check, or at an event, legacy giving (also known as planned giving) can be a way to make an even greater and lasting impact. There are several options for legacy gifts that create and sustain a community of services, skills, and support for people with vision loss.
For more details on the ins and outs of these options, visit PlannedGiving.com: Types of Planned Gifts.
Vision Loss Resources is a U.S. tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization. Our tax ID number is 41-0694713.
Plan Your Gift Today
- Bequest: Among the simplest and most generous ways to give, a bequest is a gift made through a will or living trust.
- Retirement Assets: You can arrange to donate a percentage of your 401(k), IRA, and other retirement assets to Vision Loss Resources.
- Account Beneficiary Designation: Consider strengthening our mission by designating us as an account beneficiary recipient.
- Securities: Giving appreciated securities might help you minimize your tax burden or make a larger contribution.
- IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions: A giving opportunity for those over 70 1/2. Federal legislation allows you to give from your IRA directly to a public charity.
- Endowed Gift: Your legacy for future generations.
- Life Insurance: If life insurance’s original purposes have been achieved, consider re-employing it to power our mission.