DeafBlind Services Minnesota
Deafblind Services Minnesota (DBSM) serves 50 + families with deafblind children throughout the state of Minnesota. Children, Youth and Family Services (CYFS) provides support, information, referral and training for the parents of deafblind children from ages 0 to 21 in Minnesota. Staff trained in deafblind intervention work with deafblind children to assist them with accessing and learning about their environment and community, meeting childhood developmental goals, and developing communication strategies. DBSM is a limited liability company of Vision Loss Resources.
The Program Manager position requires a strong manager experienced with deafblind culture and program management. This critical position:
- Recruits and manages a staff of part-time Interveners (direct service providers for deafblind children) throughout the state of Minnesota
- Matches Interveners with individual families
- Provides individual support to Interveners and families
- Creates and monitors plans of service with each family
- Plans and facilitates meetings, events and workshops in-house and with other agencies
- Evaluates program. Expands and creates program improvements.
- Strong understanding of deafblind culture
- Previous Program Management experience preferred
- Ability to work in multi-cultural setting including hard-of-hearing, deaf, visually-impaired, blind or deafblind individuals. May also work with clients who are recent immigrants from other countries.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Social Work, Special Education or related field
- Strong understanding of Deafblind culture
- ASL fluency
- DeafBlind Intervener Certification preferred
- Valid driver license and ability to travel 10-20%
- Strong program, process and people management skills
- Ability to manage a part-time, geographically dispersed workforce
- Strong listening, communication and influencing skills
Vision Loss Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer for all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org