Vision Loss Resources (VLR) provides community services, rehabilitation and education for the visually impaired, blind, and deafblind community. The Part Time Receptionist / Intake Specialist position plays an essential role in providing an exceptional experience to our clients, students and community members at our St. Paul office. Work hours are Monday-Friday 10:00am-3:00pm.
This is a great position for someone who has a passion for making people feel welcome and enjoys working with people with diverse interests and experiences.
- Provides Hospitality and Service
- Provide hospitality to visitors, staff and callers
- Answer phones, direct visitors, process mail
- Assist clients with finding classrooms, group, metro transit rides
- Conduct client intake calls
- Ensure a neat and welcoming reception and office area
- Train clients on CCTVs and other equipment
- Conducts client satisfaction / evaluation calls
- Provides Administrative Support to the Team
- Assists instructors with class set up, inventory and training needs
- Publish large print and Braille versions of student schedules
- Prepare presentation materials, memos, thank you letters, donation acknowledgements and other correspondence
- Maintain up to date information in client file database
- Data entry into databases and other computer systems
- Assist staff with projects (filing, copying, mailings, etc.) and set up for events at the St. Paul office
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years demonstrated success working in a customer-facing role with administrative support responsibilities
- A friendly and welcoming demeanor with a genuine desire to help
- Intermediate MS office and database skills
- Prior experience working with vision loss or in another Human Services field preferred
ASL skills a plus.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com