Are you interested in working directly with clients to improve daily living skills and independence? Do you have a strong passion for expanding the abilities of blind and low vision individuals? If so, consider a Rehabilitation Instructor / Orientation & Mobility position with Vision Loss Resources. VLR provides community services, rehabilitation and education for people living with vision loss. We are looking for individuals dual certified in orientation & mobility and rehabilitation instruction. This full time critical position will:
- Serve as an Orientation and Mobility instructor to rehabilitation students
- Teach activities in daily living, such as how to count money, use the telephone, use timing devices, cook, and home orientation and maintenance
- Design and deliver instruction appropriate to student learning style and individual needs
- Evaluate client progress against goals
- Partner with other teachers and departments to develop new curriculum
- Participate in VLR outings and events as required
The selected candidate for this role has a Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field, coupled with certification as a Rehabilitation Instructor and O & M Specialist. Dual certification is preferred. Prior success working with teens, adults and seniors of varying ability levels. Desire and ability to work with diverse cultures. Strong instructional and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Working with VLR provides you with the ability to use your skills broadly to customize solutions for each client. You spend more time with clients and less time on paperwork. We offer a great work environment, schedule and benefits program.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org