What will you do?
- Meet with client to teach and assist client to improve their independent living skills (ILS) and independence in general according to their goal plan
- Assist the client in completing their daily living activities including but not limited to shopping, errands, processing mail, and utilizing community resources
- Staff may also assist with accessing visual and environmental information including surroundings, locating items in stores, and reading labels, etc.
Who would like this position?
This is a great position for someone who enjoys
- Working with people
- Helping others
- Enjoys running errands
- Doesn’t mind a bit of driving
- Minimum High school diploma or GED
- valid driver’s license and insurance
- Instructional skills and experience.
- Ability to work with people of differing abilities and various cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate reliability, dependability and effectively manage a flexible schedule.
- Written English skills at the level of basic report writing.
- Must pass background checks for employment and a Minnesota Dept. of Human Services background study.
Strongly desired: 10+ hours per week.
Beginning pay range $12.50 / hour. Submit resume to email@example.com.
To learn more about DBSM, visit www.dbsmllc.org and click on the “deafblind” tab at the top of the page.