Adult Support Services Provider (SSP) at DeafBlind Services Minnesota
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide assistance to ensure deafblind persons are able to participate as independently as possible in daily living activates.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Drive to deafblind client’s home, escort the person to stores, banks or other errands.
- Assist the client in performing daily living activities including shopping, processing mail, utilizing public services
- Assist with visual information including describing surroundings, locating items and reading labels.
- Assist deafblind person by reading written communication
- Keep log of activities and write monthly reports
Secondary job accountabilities:
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with staff members and deafblind clients with courtesy, tact and patience
- Maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality. Demonstrate reliability and dependability and effectively manage a flexible schedule.
- Practices safe work habits throughout all work activities
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be fluent in American Sign Language.
- Experience working with blind/Hard-of-Hearing helpful.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with hard-of-hearing individual.
- Must be able to travel to and from individual’s home and community.Must have own vehicle and car insurance.
- Daytime, evening, and weekend hours available—depending on client assignment.
Hours of work: Part Time Non Exempt. Rate of pay: $11.50 to $13.00 per hour depending on experience.
Click here to download the application packet: DBSM Application Packet 2012 (Word). To apply, please email your resume, salary requirements and application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment drug test is required prior to hire. The full policy can be reviewed here Vision Loss Resources Drug and Alcohol Policy (Word)
Vision Loss Resources | 1936 Lyndale Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403