For more than 100 years Vision Loss Resources (VLR) has provided services for those who are visually impaired, blind or deafblind. Clients, caregivers, donors, business partners, volunteers and dedicated staff provide robust support for VLR programming through Community Services, Rehabilitation Services and DeafBlind Services of Minnesota. Contract Production Services is a social enterprise owned by VLR which contributes support to the mission to provide services, skills and support for people with vision loss.
This dynamic position supports Community Services, the Community Center and Volunteer Programs. Community Services clients are mostly older adults managing vision loss in varying degrees. This critical position:
- Coordinates and supports the community center (prepares and distributes calendar, supports classes as needed, promotes programs and events, tracks RSVPs)
- Provides administrative support to the volunteer program (prepare newsletter, track volunteer hours, monitor invoices and reimbursements)
- Provides regular program reporting and data analysis to be used in monitoring program outcomes, trends and strategic initiatives
- Works with database manager to ensure data integrity and utility. Fields and tracks questions, inquiring and reporting needs for the database
- Commitment to the VLR mission to provide services, skills and support for people with vision loss.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural setting including hard-of-hearing, deaf, visually-impaired, blind or deafblind individuals. May also work with clients who are recent immigrants from other countries.
- Bachelors degree in business, social work or related field
- Valid driver’s license with regular access to a vehicle
- 2 + years providing administrative support with intermediate to advanced MS Office and database proficiency
- Exceptional project management and detail orientation, while still being able to analyze the big picture
- Exceptional customer / client facing skills
- Prior experience in nonprofits or working with disabilities preferred
Who would enjoy this work?
This is a great opportunity for someone who is:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Calm in rapidly changing circumstances
- Thrives on variety
- Loves solving problems
- Values hospitality and client service
Vision Loss Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer for all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.